Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall has left

Terribly sorry I am bad writing for this! It is now almost three months I have been here! This last week I have had Loren, a fellow exchanger from Indiana, staying with me. I have been showing off my little town of Jurva and all that jazz; it has been awesome having her here! She leaves today which is lame. Besides that I have had my fall break, In-bound camp, a trip to Turku, several trips to Vaasa, and visits to other exchange students. The fall break was nice for catching up on sleep and I did some shopping, now I'm poor. I got to see Turku and I really liked it. My host family treated me to Les Miserables, in Swedish. I loved the play but it was odd listening to some of the songs that I could recognize but in SWEDISH! Did you know that Turku was the mother of Hesburger? Oh! and I went to Turku castle, it was really awesome. It is so weird to something so old. I  think the castle was built in the 1300's... insane! I love how things are so old here, in the US we go back to 1800's, 1700's if we're lucky. We often forget how young of a country we are. Me and Loren were discussing what we would do for some Taco Bell, not pretty. When I went to visit Nicole, and oldie from Australia, I was able to buy a whole bunch of American food! Her host dad has this business where he buys car parts and other things from the US and sells them here. He has Cheetos!  and Root Beer, Pop Tarts, Coffee Mate Creamer, other such things. It was pure heaven, let me tell you!


Time seems to be going crazy fast, the Lapland tour is coming up quick! The language is coming along, learn new stuff all the time. It is rather discouraging just because it is so hard that I feel I'm not really learning anything. No matter. I'm still not really home sick, but I do miss the midgets! Can't wait for Lapland, and Happy Halloween! (Friday the 13th is the worst movie ever.)

1 comment:

  1. oh hey! if you ever by any chance happen to go to Citymarket in Seinäjoki, you'll find quite a nice selection of American food there too. Poptarts and such.

    ReplyDelete