Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lets start at the very beginning

Well, I have been in Finland for a little over two weeks now. So far it has been pretty amazing, really crazy, and very new. Aside from being bombarded by finnish at all turns, I have been learning, slowly but surely. I started school on Monday and that has been pretty insane so far. I don't really have an actually schedule yet, but I am working on getting one. It's hard because all the classes are in finnish. So obviously classes like history and psychology make no sense to me because it is all talking, in finnish. Sitting through a class where it is all lecture, and lecture in a different language you don't understand at that, is not very easy. My hope is that by submersing myself in finnish so constantly I will be able to start understanding some. Given that today is only my third day, it is still all very new. Most of my fellow students have been awesome and so helpful. I have seen a lot of new faces and heard tons of new names, so remembering them is something that will come with time. The school itself is very nice, and I should have it all figured out in a few weeks. At this point everything is new and overwhelming and I am getting impatient for things to start making more sense... que va. Oh! and speaking of Spanish I am going to start taking spanish as well. It seems trying to learn finnish has kicked my language learning gears into action and I have been spouting random spanish, so I thought I might as well take a class. I may perhaps start getting on more often so there will be more constant updates. As for now, I would love to skype! It will probably be early morning or late night. Hei hei for now and I hope we skype soon!

1 comment: